About Me

My photo
All I know to be is doing what I love, and what I love to do is art. From graphic design to photography to fine art, I love to do it all. My experiences as a student has taught me many ways to create better design as well as more expressive art. From learning the intricacies of Adobe Creative Suite to the delicacies of letterpress and silk screen printing, I find myself to be a more well-rounded, ambitious, and creative individual. With all of this at my disposal, there is no limit to what I can create.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feit Electric Lightbulb Packaging Project

Feit Electric EcoBulb New Packaging









New Feit Electric Logo


This project required that I create a unique and innovative packaging concept for lightbulbs. I chose to use EcoBulbs from Feit Electric because I felt it was a good opportunity to combine practical and resourceful to meet parameters of the project. Using environmentally friendly aspect, I projected that all materials used for this package would be 100% recycled paper and plastic. The interior structure is inspired from baby bottle packaging design and structure. I adjusted the dimensions so that it housed each lightbulb without tipping forward or leaning back. This structure also utilizes less cardboard and paper to produce. The plastic enclosure would be created from recycled materials and it, along with the cardboard insert would be recyclable just as the Ecobulb is recylable. The graphics used reflect the environment and remind the consumer that use of this bulb will help keep the environment safe and clean. The Feit Logo is one that I developed using this same information. Softer, rounder edges echo the organic nature of the environment.