About Me

My photo
All I know to be is doing what I love, and what I love to do is art. From graphic design to photography to fine art, I love to do it all. My experiences as a student has taught me many ways to create better design as well as more expressive art. From learning the intricacies of Adobe Creative Suite to the delicacies of letterpress and silk screen printing, I find myself to be a more well-rounded, ambitious, and creative individual. With all of this at my disposal, there is no limit to what I can create.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lupe Fiasco Letterpress Printed Broadside

 "If you die, tell them that you played my game, I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name." -Lupe Fiasco


Linoleum Carving
Negative and Polymer Plates



This was my midterm project for my Letterpress Printing class. The project was to create a broadside using any technique we had learned thus far in class. The subject and dimensions and content was all up to us. I took a lyric from one of Lupe Fiasco's songs called "Put You on Game". And I created this image to match the ferocity and attitude of the whole song and used an Exacto knife on a piece of film to scratch the letters of the lyric to help emphasize what the song was about. I created a polymer plate with my  film and carved the image out of linoleum and used the letterpress printer to create the final broadside.

No comments:

Post a Comment